PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - Grounded Aircraft Fleet?
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2005, 08:27
As I See It

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

Not so much bull IMHO, Merlin is as poor as the people putting in the data, this used to happen all the time with another contracted airlines fleet (no specifics, bad press and all that). Many a request for part and serial number check of items fitted because tech records simply didn't know what was fitted, following that there were a great number of out of phase part changes due to badly tracked life items.
I am sorry to say, but it is another good reason why FLS had to go and I can only hope that SRT can change the slack working practices and bring them under control and also to make the managers responsible for badly undermanned departments, as short staff numbers is a prime reason for errors. The errors usually occur when tech records have to have their end of month reports in and everyone rushes round to make sure everything is on the system, a rushed botch job!
As for the Mirror report and the stated engineers having to look through the paperwork, I doubt it, more tech records personnel I'll bet, and contractors brought in to do the everyday tech records work?

Remember; It's only As I See It