PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter a joke, claims navy sailor
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2005, 23:01
redrotorhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is important to ask questions!!

SASless I completely agree with your thoughts on asking questions about accidents but surely these questions must be asked only after sufficient information is available?!?!?!?

If a repeat of this accident is preventable then every possible avenue of the cause must be explored and questions asked about every possible aspect......however it should be done after the initial report into the accident (or similar, etc.) is released and the cold, hard facts are put into the public arena.

The NOK are going through enough right now without the seeds of doubt being sown about the safety of the aircraft and this "navy sailor"is obviously trying to make this incident about them and attract attention which I certainly would not label "professional"!

As for the comments made I am positive that if this particular aircraft was as unreliable as this "navy sailor"is making out it surely would not have been assigned to carry our head of state in January of this year.

I will of course be interested in the report when it does shed some light on this incident so that we can all learn from it, whatever it contains.