PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD Explorer
Thread: MD Explorer
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2005, 19:36
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
As I said it was a rumour, so .....

1. It does not get into print in the magazine unless substantiated.

2. It's open for correction.

If it is substantially wrong [and it was not ME that invented the rumour upon which I based the post] I guess there may be a need for someone out there to put out the correct version.

I like Dr Atkins prescription for putting everything right in MDs camp .... freeing up some research money thanks to the KLPD cancellation .... but MD have gone on public record saying that they are carrying on with certification of the KLPD standard.... so this may take some time.... 3 months Dale said ....

Exactly where the Dr will get '... masses of R+D for the Explorer... ' I would be interested to learn. MD are in a very poor financial state - have you not been listening?

'... which will blow the 135 and 145 out of the water...'

Good.... it would be great to see substantial competition but the 135 is JAR27 and the 145 is JAR29.... perhaps you want to add the EC155 ... 225... and the Tiger to the list....?

Seriously, in its current parlous financial state, even if it happens it will be a long time before MDHI and the Explorer are in a fit enough state to merely pull themselves together let alone blow anything out of the water. Wishful thinking will not magic the spares [the core of this thread] from out of the ether.

There are plenty of operators out there that are publicly ditching the airframe because they claim they have reached the end of their particular tether. Case in point is Suffolk County Police NY. This is not something I have created, I just report what appears to be going on based on their statements in the public domain.

Here? Well fishing for the truth on an incomplete storyline ... just like many others who hide their identity.

I know many have labelled me as a 100% Explorer hater but just reporting stories in the public domain does not mean the stories themselves are without substance.

Volrider.... Accuracy - if you know it as you claim .... can be entered in your next post..... Inaccurate rumours, like the one I picked up, will still wizz around damaging the Explorer unnecessarily unless they are comprehensively put down.

And it its not enough to just say WRONG... You are clearly saying there is something .... and not even that its unimportant.... That is probably worse. You may keep 'the truth' within the UK community but how might that help other operators out of the UK?

As for me being 'increasingly desperate' ...

No, the Explorer is just one [very interesting] aircraft in my domain. Even on a real heavy news day on the type it is just one page in 26, that's nothing.

You want to talk Cessna Caravan?