PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanarama
Thread: Japanarama
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2005, 12:14
Prince of Dzun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereolab;

It's not for me to give you a history lesson but it's fairly obvious that you need educating. Japan occupied Korea from 1910 till 1945 a total of 35 years and it took two atomic bombs to dig out their tentacles . Can't agree with you that Asian youth apes Japanese pop culture. From where I sit it is American culture that is being imitated and there lies a very big problem indeed.

NZLeardriver:
At least we agree on the Dokdo/Takeshima islands ownership question and I'm glad you are up to date on the postage stamp issue. Those stamps by the way are known as the "seagulls and flowers" stamps and they caused the Japanese much sucking of teeth. Regarding your assertions I should make it clear to you that I am as one with a third of the world's population (China) in so much as I support their desires to have the Japanese atrocities of World War II correctly documented. Until this is done to the satisfaction of all concerned then they (the Japanese) stand condemned. Their chances of being elected to the UN Security Council are zero because election requires 100 percent agreement from the sitting members and China won't agree. Are you aware that the Japanese language is made up of any number of Chinese characters (known in Chinese as Han Zi)? Ask a Nipponese about this and their eyes glaze over as they don't want to admit to their heritage. It's the same with this recorded history problem.

Prince of Dzun