PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly! London Airshow Gathering.......
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2005, 19:15
Pat Malone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Cabair's decision was something to do with the fact that it costs about £8,000 to dismantle an aircraft, transport it into town, rebuild it, then repeat the performance three days later, on top of your stand costs, which are considerable. Even better, Cabair sold the Bentley - at £115,950!
From the point of view of exhibitors the show was damned good. At least 12 aircraft were sold, I'm told - and this is new sales, not show announcements. I know of two R44s, two Cessna 182s, a Schweizer, and a Lancair (at half a million dollars) that were signed for. Every exhibitor I spoke to had three good days, and what was particularly encouraging was the number of non-aviation people who'd come to have a look. We desperately need to get new blood into general aviation. Everyone who was selling PPL packages reported good trade.
The seminars were mostly excellent, especially Flying Lawyer's, although the acoustic problems of last year have not been properly addressed and must be. There are a lot of people working extremely hard to make the show a success and they've done a fantastic job. I don't know what you expect if you think the show was poor, but the general aviation industry desperately needs the Fly! show and I for one hope it continues.