PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A wee Aberdeen Thread
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2005, 13:19
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if it is RYR-driven.

Their '800s don't have sufficient power to operate from ABZ on current runway length,especially if RYR plan any "more distant" destination from here.

737-800s have operated from here in the past of course.RYR have flown a couple of 800s on the DUB route & other operators such as FUA & BAL have quite happily operated IT flights to Spain from here,as their engines are more powerful than those on RYR's '800s.

IT suggests to me that RYR(as they have alluded to in the past)could operate more flights from here "given the right deal".Whether this INCLUDES the runway being lengthened remains to be seen.

I would agree that 14 weekly flights from flyGlobespan doesn't seem feasible,as our catchment area isn't as dense(in population terms!!)as the Central Belt around GLA/EDI.Still,if you don't try...plus traffic is growing at ABZ quite healthily at the moment(healthily for a BAA-owned airport that is!!)

Guess we'll know in the coming weeks/months/years what the future holds for ABZ,be it lo-co or otherwise.