PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2005, 11:34
EZGOEK330FO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Brix,
I spoke to .. who left us and went back to Ryanair this last week, and he said that if you think joining was a run around, then see leaving.... In a nutshell you will have to close down your bank accounts, get a letter form the bank that you do not owe them anything, and that you have closed all your accounts to include credit cards, loans, and savings/checking accounts. You give this letter to Emirates EGHQ, and together with all other forms collected from Uniform stores, accomodation, etc you give your passport to them and they will cancel your visa. You have three days to do all this once you have stopped flying, and you only get your passport back at the airport from Marhaba as you also get your release from Dubai ticket. Emirates will keep your end of service benefits, (ie your contributions) for three months just in case some one comes up and says that you owe them money. After this interest free period they will post you the check to your home country address in Dirhams and then you have to find a bank that will cash it. You also have to pay your bond if you still have one, and all damages done to your place of residence if beyond normal ware and tare....
On the other hand you could just walk away, leave the keys to your car in the appartment and call them from home and tell them that you are not coming back...
Why am I up to date? I am also planning to leave in the very near future as soon as I have the results from my interviews...

Sanddancer, I know the one guy who just walked away like the Jonnie Walker commercial and he said to me keep walking.... not discovering.... He left them cold after being here for a good four and a half months and they have not yet come after him as they do not have an address for him. He did not pay of his loans on his car, but then again it was with the RAK bank. As far as his bond he told Emirates to keep looking for him...

Last edited by EZGOEK330FO; 11th Apr 2005 at 04:10.