PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Puzzling route in France
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2005, 10:01
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Speedbird,

Your question about Ile d’Yeu, and Lomcovaks responses, got me thinking about going there myself. I checked out the map, I looked up the relavent info about D18 on the SIA website – then asked our Aeroclub instructor about it at the Aeroclub yesterday.

His response was a little different to what I expected when we discussed it. I have now learnt that apparently you dont actually need the permission of anyone to enter a French Danger area. You have the right to enter it if you wish, you don’t require any clearance - however it is in your interest to know if there is any potentially dangerous activity likely to affect you, so it is good airmanship to talk to the relavant frequency to tell them your intentions. This would explain why there isnt a problem with the aerodrome of Ile d’Yeu being in the center of a danger area.

I seem to recall that in the UK that you actually need authority to enter a danger area from a DACS– its been a while since I’ve flown there. This would be different to France, but similar to a French Restricted Area, where you require the permission of the operating authority in order to enter it – Hence Aerodromes in French Restricted areas have set access routes.

Comments anyone??

Regards, SD..