PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanarama
Thread: Japanarama
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2005, 09:54
Stereolab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P of D,

Which country are you from? What country was plundered for 35 years by the Japanese? Many countries in Asia hate the Japanese, yet, the youth of ALL of Asia tries to emulate Japanese culture. Even USA youth is obsessed with Anime, Sony PlayStation, Japanese car mods from Japan.

You make a point about the Marianas Islands. Why would the USA give back the Marianas when we have TENS of THOUSANDS of troops occuying Japan? It was an unconditional surrender.

I understand your point....if this was 1946. But this is 2005 and we have a world economy now. I know that China and Korea hate Japan, but not the YOUTH. Go to Shanghai, Bejing, Souel or Pusan...again pop culture imitates J-pop culture. Shanghai wants to be Shibuya. The recent popularity of Korean soap opreas, cuisine,movies and K-pop in Japan shows that the Japanese are very much interested in Korean culture. Japan has flurished due to the fact Japan spends very little on defense. If anything Japan is carrying out US policy.

There is a GREAT editorial article in Metroplolis magazine (a mag for gaijin in Japan) on how other countries are taught to hate the Japanese. I will find the link....

Also, you are forgetting the amount of US troops in Japan. So if you want to blame anyone on being "imperialistic" blame "ME" (USA).