PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2005, 15:51
AlternativeProcedure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just out of interest, this is Virgin Blue's(our Australian counterparts) requirement for pilots.

Do I have what it takes?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do have some minimum criteria that you must meet if you wish to join our Flight Crew team. So, if you fit the bill and/or you can commit to meeting the criteria listed below prior to applying with Virgin Blue we’d love to hear from you.

Must haves:

Australian ATPL or CPL with ATPL Theory Subjects
Australian Command Instrument Rating
Australian Class 1 Medical Certificate
Total Flying Time - 1000 hours (must include at least 500 hours in Command of a Multi Engine Aircraft)
Compare it with the above post regarding requirements and make your own minds up.

AlternativeProcedure

The insurance companies have probably set a price to recruit local pilot and Richard is not willing to pay it. Therefore, next step, hire Expats and take local jobs away from the locals as he has to worry about how to pay for his next stunt.
But surely, an expat Pilot costs far more than a local pilot would(ask ACN, Bristow etc), with all the time off, travel and hotel expenses that employing an expat brings, it has to make more economic sense to choose the cheaper option, and this is assuming that the insurance companies do prefer a foreigner flying in Nigeria than a Nigerian flying in Nigeria?????

But I do agree with the main point of your post though, the bearded one is here to make money and whatever option he feels is going to cost him less is the option he\'ll take.

Just of interest, I was at the international wing last night, and there are big banners every where now advertising Virgin Nigeria, things definitely seem to be moving at a quick pace.

AP