PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2005, 15:50
ac100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richard is a businessman not a Nigerian

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I hate to say this, but Mr Branson is not in the business of making Nigeria a happy place. Nigeria is a place where he sees money and that is that. Whether it be Airlines or telecommunication companies, he wants a piece of the every growing Nigerian pie.

I agree with you all that there are an abundance of qualified pilots and no reason why VN should have not hire pilots from the country it intends to be a natinal carrier for.

The insurance companies have probably set a price to recruit local pilot and Richard is not willing to pay it. Therefore, next step, hire Expats and take local jobs away from the locals as he has to worry about how to pay for his next stunt.

HMMMMM, let me see, national airline or profit?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I think you all know what Mr. Branson wants and i would rethink patting him on the back for making money in your country at your expense. remember, whatever happens he take fifty percent of the money the airline makes. Considering that International operations are not planned for at least 3 years, i think Virgin atlantic will be even busier with Virgin Nigeria making bookings for them, promoting an international route network. Result 100% of the profit Mr. Branson........I think there is a picture appearing here.

On a better note, there is a carrier which is very close to starting operations and at this time i am restricted by friendship to disclose more. However, i will say this.....an announcement will be made very shortly and they will be hiring locals as the airline is a 100% owned by Nigerians. A true Nigerian airline is on its way....support your own and not Mr. Bransons ever increasing bank balance. IMHO

Good luck

AC100