PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2005, 11:20
HappyPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with sentiments above, when it boils down to it, they'll have to take majority Nigerian crew bcos there are more than enough who have the ability over there.

There's no way Nigerians will sit by and watch foriegners take over an airline(in which they have majority shares in) when there are alot of ex-airways guys who fulfil those requirements(its just not gonna happen). You only have to hang around the local wing of lagos airport to get a true understanding of just how much experience is floating around. Virgin Nigeria has some serious opposition from the ex-employees of Nigeria airways and all kinds of liquidation problems, so I'm sure they wont wanna do anything to compound their problems.

But to be fair to them, I do agree with the idea of sending Virgin Atlantic training captains to Nigeria(for a short while) if they intend to use the A320, A340 etc. Cos not many are rated and hav experience on those a/c's. But co-pilots?? Hell no. But lets not panic yet, lets see what the management plan to do.

HP