PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2005, 10:51
NIJASEA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down VIRGIN NIGERIA REQUIREMENTS

Does anybody out there know why VN is looking to bring in foriegn pilots to fly out of Lagos coz i just saw the Ad in FI and find it odd that the bar set for Ops out of nigeria is higher than that set by Emirates to fly a 777. There is speculations that the Ad is not meant for nigerian pilots but foriegn crew, We nigerian pilots have not all finished applying as the closing date is the 27th of April and already they feel they need to source other crew without seeing what we have to offer. If the Ad was not meant for nigerian crew does Richie believe we dont subscribe to FI in nigeria, We in Nigeria are sure of our abilities as pilots and a lot of us have more experience than most of the crew who join virgin"A". To consider F/Os must have 3000hrs jet time in an african country is ridiculous as a lot of operators fly Turbo-props and I believe not setting any age limitations or upgrading F/Os from within Virgin itself is a way of sending the unwanted crew from Europe to dump in Africa and in the case of crew moving from Virgin to Virgin nigeria its a case of why pay for mediocre crew when we can pass them off to someone else and get crew who meet the standards for command in a real airline.
I would like to say that we have worked well in nigeria with outdated aircrafts and a lot of us will suprise the powers that be at Virgin nigeria if given modern machines and a CHANCE.