PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Pacific
Thread: Air Pacific
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2005, 10:05
VH-WASA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Pacific

Yes Sir, I agree entirely about the working conditions between Air Pacific and Rishworth. having worked for Rishworth in the past the conditions stink. Iv'e always said that I'll never go on contract again which involves Rishworths, but what if nothing else is around then they have you by the bollocks.
Also, of course, Air Pacific isn't exactly the dream Airline to work for either. Very, very hard to work with the Native Local pilots who hate working with the Contract Pilots, so watch over your shoulder. I believe the standards are such that there is no discipline within the Airline what so ever. If you are a Native indigenous Fijian, then you will be looked after and mothered no matter how bad your Sim and line checks are because the Chief pilot is a Native. If you are an Indian Fiji then watch out all the time, they hate Contract Pilots and think they are Gods gift to aviation.
Anyway, just be weary about the working conditions both with Rishworth and Air Pacific, they are both as bad as each other. It certainly is not an Airline if you intend to save abit, with those working conditions you are still struggling to live in Fiji as a professional person. I believe Rishworth and the Contract Pilots have been trying to make up a new contract. This has been going on now for a year I hear and still no closer, just the same old fashion contract that has been in use for a long time.
Anyway, my thoughts are to keep well away from this Airline.