PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2005, 06:52
peanut pusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some more info for consideration

Just to clear up a few details for the uninformed

*There is a copy of rosters like in every s/h base in Aus for people wanting to swap etc as there was only 80 crew for the first 6 weeks it wasn't hard for every body to print the crew rosters and make a swap book and even a swap website.

*The UK GM has recieved 28 complimentory letters from passangers in the first 5 weeks, don't know as of today

*We have a great sprinkling of experianced crew including the qantas number 1 seniority, (40 years next week) who fit in perfectly with our very junior crew

*To be truthful I wish we never had a LHR base but we do and if Aus crew didn't staff it it would be 100 % British nationals.
So I have to work with what I have, and I have family in the UK and a business in Thailand so I didn't have any choice

*There has been many delibrate attempts to sabotage hand overs, no cork screws onboard etc, dirty plates mixed with clean, lies to pax about crew backgrounds etc

*Most junior crew have been flying s/h for around 2.5 to 3 years and are not wet behind the ears in flying experiance.

*Sorry for the first hand overs as the ex s/h had never been trained out of SYD that the a/c is not stripped inc. oven liners like in s/h but they sure know now.

*If you want to point a finger, point it at the Ex FAAA who got out gunned and out smarted in the last EBA before the current one.
This is were our battle was lost and will be the beginning of the end as we know it.(I give myself 4 more years and the job will be broken down so badly that it won't be worth doing anymore)

*I understand the passion and why there are such strong feelings but unfortunately it's our bed from now on (read above passage for my scope)

*Lets keep it real and remember our pax are caught in the middle of it

Ferris
*Your an air traffic controller in the UAE looking for excitment in the crew forum, please this is something you know nothing about or are effected by.

*Why no comments further about Thai crew, jokes about captain here are the beers you ordered (on the flight deck at the top of decent), first 1 1/2 years Thai crew would not answer interphone and remember the captain who called R4 and asked do you see any smoke from the 3 engine, R4 no I don't smoke and hang up. They go on and on so Thai crew had a much harder transition than any LHR crew every will

Please no more personal stuff

Last edited by peanut pusher; 9th Apr 2005 at 07:17.