PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanarama
Thread: Japanarama
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2005, 04:54
Prince of Dzun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NZLeardriver:

I am amused at what I can only descrbe as your selective comments. You would make a good politician.

The latest Nipponese tom foolery designed for home consumption only is to designate two specific days of the year to commemorate Japan's claim to certain disputed islands. Their foreign ministry has proposed that 14th January is to be "Diaoyu Islands Day" and 22nd February is to be "Takeshima Islands day" -!!! This latest action is the subject of a diplomatic complaint by the rightful owners of both islands ie China and Korea.

Strange isn't it that the Nipponese are making noises about Russia, China and Korea who they accuse of stealing their pastures but they (the Nipponese) are conspicuously silent about the Mariana Islands which were forceably taken from them by the Americans at the end of World War II. It seems the good old USA has every intention of keeping these islands and Japan humbly accepts the loss. Why is Japan making such a fuss about the actions of its immediate neighbours but does not bother (or dare) to ask big brother to "please give back our Marianas". I wonder how the Nipponese history text books explains this? In addition to the islands issues there is a positive move by China and Korea and possibly Russia to deny Japan a seat on the United Nations Security Council due to Japan's quote" incorrect attitude towards recording history" unquote. Supporting China and Korea are 3 websites running worldwide (sina, sohu and netease) which at last count had 22 million hits recording the names of those who want the historical records corrected. My name is among that 22 million.

Prince of Dzun

P.S. I don't want to overload you so I've omitted reference to (1) the postage stamp dispute (2) the maritime area increase issue and (3) the Japanese census issue that records Japanese mainlanders as residents of Tokdo (Takeshima) island. A blatant lie.