PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the heck is this age thing
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2005, 22:32
Irish Steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couldn't care less about charter, piston ops, going to Africa or other such place, corporate etc. There is a lot of aviation out there just waiting for someone to do it, the usual catch is that it often involves moving away from home and the pay isn't as good as a shiny jet job
Strangely enough, I've not seen too many adverts for that type of work, and at this stage, for all sorts of reasons related to things out of my control (like Gulf wars at inconvenient times, a closer than comfortable encounter with Big C, a couple of major floods that did big damage to home and took time to sort out and screwed the cash flow, odd things like that) , I'd be happy to consider some of these options, in that I've spent bucket loads of cash getting to where I am, and not seen too much return on it.

I've proved to my own satisfaction that I can indeed fly a heavy, there's more than a few hours of sim time been logged because of other work I was doing, but if something else along the lines you've suggested and more "interesting" was available, I'd give it a go, as long as it's legal

Where are all these "different" jobs advertised?