PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trial Lesson! Where?
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2005, 14:00
Chequeredflag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's going on.....?

Fresh from my elation at my first solo success, I was looking to build on that and progress......it seems it's not going that way!!

After two weeks of delays due to bad weather, I finally got back into the circuits on Tuesday (with the instructor, the winds being too high for any solo consolidation). What happened?? Well, after my brilliant solo landing, I regressed into my old habits, and of four landings, one was acceptable, the other three were crap!!! I was tired after a hectic long weekend overseas, but that's the only excuse I can find at present. All was well with the other aspects (practice shortfield/3 stage of flap, flapless and turning onto a very tight final etc), but the landings..........!!!!

To cap it all, I have today managed to fail my metereology exam (70%) today, after making three very basic errors on three relatively easy questions. All the ones I considered the most difficult, I got right!!

Very frustrated!! (I'll take it again next Tuesday, when I'll be sure to read the questions properly)