PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135
Thread: EC135
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2005, 13:54
zorab64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discussion, just last month, with ECD included the possibility of converting T1 CDS to T2 CPDS, but that any consideration to upgrade the avionics to FCDS would certainly not be economical, and more than likely not possible at all.

On the servicing issue - it's interesting to note that the 355 (with appropriate mods) has not had a 50 hr for some time. Can't remember anyone being too worried about that? With the move to this next generation of aircraft, with a plethora of data being fed back from so many hi-time users worldwide, as TC points out, ECD are not short of adequate figures to substantiate their advice to reduce service intervals. I shall remain confident in the machine without a 50, but will continue to inspect diligently on a daily/flight basis!

I'd concur with TC that the AUM increase announcement is more co-incidental than deliberate - but don't forget that it's what ECD are "looking towards" and is not set in stone quite yet. They've already advised removal of the 50 & 100 INSPECTIONS so it's up to operators whether they delay the latter, until the former is officially announced, to ensure "co-incidence"!

[My understanding was also that the increase may well just mean a different type of oil, before changing the software to adjust the FLI limits - easy on a T2, not quite sure how they'll work it on the CDS?]