PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2005, 13:20
peanut pusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The True first 6 weeks of the QF LHR base, from a LHR CSM

We'll it goes a little like this.

The first six weeks have been very interesting to say the least.

I thought I would put some acuate facts down as I can't sit bye and let rubbish stand in the way of truth.

True, first two weeks seen many teething problems with a great number of ex s/h crewing finding there feet on a new service and equipment. But they now have there confidence and are skilled up to a high standard. Remember your first day, we'll times it by 10 and you had 10 new people onboard for the first time, all on the same flight. It didn't take long and they know what they are doing now.

False, No roster in the base has been built to 230 hrs, no f/a or csm has worked more than 181 hrs. the average build will be 178 hrs for the next 6 months. nb. you must have 3 days stand down between patterns. (I read through every roster and reserve line completed since day one to check on this one)

True, it's a great place with young crew to work, average age would be around 23.
Other facts are
Wave 2 is experianced L/H crew and new uk starters
The base is 81% female
Of the uk crew, 30% are Australian born and using there uk family passport.

Thai crew, I thought I would make comment on this issue.
Thai crew were great to work with during the first 2 weeks as they helped out greatly. There was a few teething problems and they helped me out greatly.
Jetlagger, please give it up, you are fighting a loosing battle, just look at your comments before the last FAAA ballot for the EBA. You made a fool of yourself then, I can still find your post with the words the no vote is gaining momentom and the EBA is not going to get in.
Thai crew report to LHR base crew that SYD crew are obsest with whats going on, tell us all you know on every trip.
Thai crew remember the reception thay got for the first year, remember the tele tubbie names and stories of go go girls and ping pong balls etc. I remember the crap Thai crew copped was 10 x what your trying to stir up.
Most Thai crew know what it was like to be be new especially onboard with a whole lot of new crew so they have been very supportive. So please don't say in your posts the the SYD and BKK bases have always got on because that is so far fromthe truth.

Things I like, (my personal opion)
* great manager
* crews consist of mostly young happy people with great attitudes. They help and support each other
* The flying is great, work 3 days have 4 off
* Crew come to work in there proper uniform and don't modify it and look great, (not like a bunch of 50 plus old men at hand overs, pax often comment on the age and presentation of the SYD crew to LHR crew, last week a P class passanger asked me what happened in BKK with the crew average age dropping by 30 years) I had to laugh and say botox
* Every crew member wants to be there and it's a great family atmosphere
* Travel to Europe during my days off
* Helping young people find there dream job and flying for a great airline
*Being away from neagative w_nkers who think that the world will never change and they are on the same level as brain surgeons.

Things I don't like
*Being away from my family for so long
*The NRL weekend games
*Being so far from the greatest country in the world
*Poor hand overs from Aus crew but we don't make a big deal of it and should
*Lies told to pax to try and cause problems on next sector, like the crew getting on have never flown before and are lowly paid with little emergency training

Just my opion and thoughts, in 6 months it will be a well oiled machine running just a smoothly as any other great base in the network.

Regards