PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Erc Members Resign Please!
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2005, 09:46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say Mac Number.......thanks for clearing up some of the details. But you are still missing the big picture.

You said the rep negotiated what was 'rightfully ours'. Well, the management removed the 3%. Getting it back took negotiation. By definition negotiation involves compromise.....somebody made a compromise on my behalf without discussing it with me first. There are strings attached to this deal which I don't agree with. I am annoyed because I found out about the talks after they occured.

One of the biggest compromises these guys have made is to shaft their colleagues in Ireland. The phrase used in my last post was 'politically dysfunctioal'. That is what I think of these reps. Lets get straight to the point. The company is currently being nailed in the courts in Ireland for not having a functioning employee representitive body. The company is running around europe trying to negotiate with employees to try prove the courts wrong. Corridor messages are being sent 'ERC reps' as to what they can expect to achieve during these negotiations. Which means a child could go in and negotiate with apparent success. The management who are experienced negotiators are just playing with the reps like a cat pushes a stunned mouse around before it makes the fatal bite. This information is available to everyone. Educate yourselves....especially if you want to sit in front of management and purport to represent the workforce!!!!!

Why don't these guys check with BALPA and IALPA (or even REPA) as to what the consequences of their actions are. I chose to be a member of REPA and BALPA. I did not choose the current ERC rep.

I have been here a number of years and I'm sure your right 'say mach number', he was probably democratically elected before my time. But the demographics have changed. The -200 fleet is gone from stansted. The number of -800's has trebled. Assuming he got 75% of the then staff to vote for him, it would be realistic to estimate that less than 25% of the current staff voted for him, and maybe as low as 0%!!!!....As I say, I chose BALPA/REPA (if it was a good or bad decision has yet to be proven), but I did not choose the current ERC rep and I am one of the longer serving STN staff. Annual (or at least bi-annual) elections......and it should be a "panel'....not one person. What a joke....no concept pf democracy here at all.

Guys and gals, you have to take a step back and look at the concept of what is going on. The detail is clouding your perception on things.

I hate contributing to these forums....but this issue really has boiled my blood.