PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Erc Members Resign Please!
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2005, 08:28
Say Mach Number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone who knows one of our so-called reps can I put into perspective what happened as I have asked all the same questions.

There is only one ERC rep and he was democratically voted in by the pilots. That actually happened. Some guys arent aware because they werent in the company at the time.

He was informed by the company that despite an agreement in place that STN would have to justify its 3% pay rise this year. In any meeting it would have him against three managers and we all know who they would be.

The poor guy asked for help and the other 2 pilots came forward. Fair play to them for sticking their heads above the parapet. At least it was 3 vs 3.

These other two pilots have never claimed to be voted in, or that they represent anyone or anything. They were assisting our ERC rep. Basically they have nothing to resign from.

They assisted your ERC rep get what was rightfully yours a 3% pay rise and a few other bits.

This was not a new pay deal as some think.

Personally I think they did all right. Lets face nobody else wants to do it. Or if they do they are not telling anyone.