PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Erc Members Resign Please!
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2005, 23:27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the thread in hand.......

this is one of the most valid comments I have read on Pprune. Anyone who knows the details of what has happened must agree with everything said in the original post. Anyone who thinks it is wrong is either politically dysfunctional or FR management (or both!!).

the ERC reps have made a gross error in judgement by taking on the role of representing staff, most of whom were not even aware they were being 'represented'. This is complete nonsense. The mistake was made....recognise it and resign.

The staff change regularly at bases due to base changes and new starters. Without annual elections of representatives, there is only the pretence of representation. That is what this whole thing was...pretending representation. I for one found out about it on pprune and repa (in that order!!). Then I saw the notice in the crew room. Until that point i was only aware of one 'representative' who has been there for years and that person does NOT have my permission to go to management and negotiate a pay deal for me (that is just a personal opinion of the person...nice guy but not up to FR management)....It is my right to elect my rep. What a joke!!!

beernice....Thanks for saying what everyone I have ever met in FR is now thinking.