PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Who !!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2005, 18:24
come on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi want2fly

Thanks for your comments and I fully agree getting to LHR/LGW is a pain for customers living in the Midlands. Also fully agree there is a market for a premium product, I'm just not sure there are enough people willing to pay for it.

At the end of the day and in the cold light of day, how many customers when faced with the decission will pay? When you're talking over a hundred pound per person difference, will they pay for more leg room which is really what it all boils down to, forget cabin service, not many customers will pay a premium for better cabin service. American (to their credit) took out a few rows of seats on their trans atlantic 777's to give pax more leg room, with the marketing budget they have they couldn't convince the British or Americans to spend slightly more to fly with them. No, I'm afriad it comes down to hard cash.

The website states the atol holder has let them down and pulled out, very iffy. I would have thought they would have been in negotiation with all tour operators to Florida to get maximum exposure and seat sales, not just one. Apology after apology has been put on the site, always someone letting them down!

With regard to the name, it's doesn't sound that odd to me, Air 2000, Virgin, Easyjet. They all sounded strange at first when you're used to an airline being called XXXXX Airways or XXXX Airlines but now they are all household names. I really do wish them luck and hope it comes off but things are just not adding up.

Last edited by come on; 8th Apr 2005 at 09:23.