PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Erc Members Resign Please!
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2005, 16:07
beernice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair Erc Members Resign Please!

Here is a call for pilot members of Ryanairs ERC to do the honourable thing and resign. For background Ryanair has always paid lip service to employer/employee relations. It set up a forum called the ERC years ago in an effort to maintain a pretense of industrial relations. The ERC was a one way set up, a convient way of telling us what changes were required.
Then came the situation in Dublin. In its preliminary findings the labour court agreed that the ERC was not a worthwhile forum. Hence there has been a desperate scramble by management to manafacture activity from the the ERC and made it look like the pilots have a body in which to negotiate with management. However Ryanairs idea of a pilot negotiating body is one where they pick who is on it and they set the agenda. Pilots have no say on who represents them or any way of agreeing or disagreeing with decisions that are made.
I am calling on the pilot members of the STN ERC to resign and put yourself forward for election. You do not represent me. I resent the fact that you make decisions supposedly on my behalf even though I have no say. You have no mandate.
I am asking all other STN pilots to put pressure on these people to resign. I would also ask that we campain for simple democracy. I think it right that the pilots not management choose who represents them. LET US HAVE A VOTE!!
This may sound like a case of industrial relations from the turn of the centuary but this is the reality of modern day ryanair.