PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Express
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2005, 15:58
omnipotent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
capt'n w,

HKE is very much HeliExpress (HeliHongKong is gone). You may also want to reconsider your belief that HKE is managed by different people. That is only true inasmuch as the Ops Manager and CP (cited as two examples) are different individuals from the helicopter side. Above that level, I know exactly who's calling the shots and it is the same people who call the shots with the heli operation. That being the case, I would counsel that you and others have more than your fair share to be worried about after you commit yourselves.

And correct me if I'm wrong here, but I am quite certain HongKongExpress grew out of the same AOC that the helicopter operation works under to this day. Now if that's not the same company, I don't know what is.

"5. The Conditions Of Service and Contract are industry standard."

Now then, you are either easily fooled, or, just haven't been in the business long enough to know what "industry standard" really is these days. Nuff said.

Lastly, I'm glad you said you were "left with the impression" that blah blah blah. I will tell you one thing right now, this mob is very good at just that, leaving an impression that is both believable and desirable. Unfortunately, their track record when it comes to consistently delivering the goods year in, year out seems to be debatable.

And since I do not quite share the same level of "optimism" (if you could call it that) our friend Badapple seems to display concerning career prospects at HKE, I will only say to you and others, good luck.