PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTL UK Broadband Speed FREE Upgrade !
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2005, 15:36
Coconutty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check the fime print !

Man on the fence :

That is a very valid point for users who do lots of downloading and upgrade from a speed less than 1Mb to the 1Mb speed at the same price. Personally I don't do a great deal of downloading but thanks for mentioning it for those that do !

The alternative, like Fire n'Forget has done, is to upgrade to the 2 Mb ( £24.99) or 3 Mb ( £37.99 ) service, which leave you with the 1Gb daily limit that you get with the slower speeds.

Reading a bit deeper into the terms & conditions about what would happen if someone reached their monthly limit, NTL have this to say :

Customers with the 1Mb service (3GB per month) - Ntl will be monitoring across the network to identify customers who routinely exceed their data allowance, but not enforcing this allowance until later in 2005.
Before that time, ntl will be deploying new capabilities that will allow each customer to view their usage levels. Thereafter, customers who exceed their data allowance in any given month will be given options, which may include, for example, the ability to:

Upgrade to a tier of service with a higher usage limit
Choose to be billed for any incremental usage above their limit
Choose to use the service for the remainder of the month at a lower speed
That last option makes it still worthwhile to me as it won't cost any extra to slow back down again at the end of the month if ever I do reach my limit, which is unlikely.

Like all things there are pro's and con's so I guess you just have to read ALL the fine print and work out what's best for your own useage