PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Riverside Flight Center
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2005, 15:36
FlyingBeachball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riverside Flight Center

I have a dilemma; I’m packing up work hopefully to commence the ATPL exams and hopefully then start the flight training.

I’ve already got my PPL and Night ratings, therefore I’m compelled to go through the modular route, which is not a problem, however I’m only going to one school.

Therefore I’ve worked out the costs to a level playing field with what Riverside has quoted me against Stapleford and Bournemouth, which after analysing the costs and time it appear that Riverside and Stapleford prices are very close should I complete the course in the set amount of hours. However, Riverside’s structure appears to be quicker. Should I over run on hours, Riverside appears to be cheaper than Stapleford.

My dilemma is this; I know Stapleford and the level of training combined with the atmosphere as well as the guy who runs Riverside, who is an ex-Stapleford Instructor, and if my memory serves me well, the comments on his training in the past have been good. I also believe another ex-Stapleford Instructor is also training for Riverside who also got good reviews. So in which direction is the best way foreward?

Bare in mind that at the end of the day, having no income for the home to support my family and the competition of gaining a job is difficult; time is not on my side.

Therefore I know what Stapleford is like from first hand experience and having known the reputation of two of the instructors at Riverside I’m not sure in the direction to turn.

Has anyone have any good or bad experiences in the past or present with either Stapleford or Riverside or any complications / pitfalls that I may have overlooked in order to help me make my mind up as I have one chance at this and it’s a big investment to mess up.

I thank you all in advance.