PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WestAir Europe
Thread: WestAir Europe
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2005, 14:05
Johnny F@rt Pants

Location: Either the back of a sim, or wherever Crewing send me.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I worked at West Air you got a basic salary which is quite poor, and your take home was boosted by the per diem allowance. So, whilst it's probably not quite correct to say no fly,no pay (although I wouldn't put it past West Air management to try it), it would be more correct to say no fly, no money to play with.

Having spoken to some of my former colleagues at West Air it really sounds like they're still trying to screw the crew at every opportunity, and with no union back up they just ride roughshod over you. They will implement a new rule which will have a significant and detrimental affect on your life, but will be very favourable to them, and if you question it you will be told, "tough, take it or leave". Be warned, don't expect very much out of it, but at the end of the day a job's a job, and if it get's you onto the ladder then go for it, but I would discourage anybody from paying for the type rating on an ATP to get screwed by West Air at the end of it.

I'm not a bitter ex-employee with an axe to grind, I still have many friends working there, but I am fully aware of their tricks and their management style.

For anyone who is in the position of having to take a job at West Air I wish you every success in finding a better employer soon.