PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2005, 10:38
GalleyHag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jb_flyer

I agree with you 100% and sadly things are about to get a whole lot worse for Australian wannabe cabin crew when it comes to Qantas.

The short haul EBA expires this year and according to an FAAA rep Qantas are asking that a clause be inserted stating that there be NO requirement for permanent employment within the short haul division. No-one really knows how or if this will work but this is just one of the ideas put forward by the company. Currently there is an "alleged" ratio, this is what they want to get rid of, the requirement under this ratio to retain a certain percentage of permanent crew against casual.

It always amazes me when Dixon states Qantas has grown and created 7500 jobs over x number of years but less than 1% of those 7500 would be permanent. What sort of life is contract/casual? But sadly thats it according to Qantas take it or leave it.

I know this is a bit off track but nothing sh*ts me more than knowing hundreds upon hundreds of off-shore permanent cabin crew jobs are available with our national carrier but not 1 permanent job has been offered to wannabe crew based in Australia for many, many years.

But if you hold an EU passport no worries mate!