PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sabena Strike?!?!
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2001, 16:26
Bokkerijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Wait a minute Old_Belgian_Student !

Sure Sabena isn´t the only airline with problems, but airlines like KLM and Swissair DO have a tradition of making a profit once in a while. Sabena has NEVER made a profit, except for one year. Therefore there must be something FUNDEMENTALLY wrong with Sabena.

As far as your comments about Swissair´s managing of AOM, Air Liberté and Sabena I can be short : ALL THOSE COMPANIES ARE LIKE PROSTITUTES ! There is no true love involved, the only thing these companies need is a rich idiot (Swissair) who pays for their extravagant lifestyle !!!!
Thank God that Swissair has finally woken up and smelled the coffee and is pulling the plug on these useless companies. Let´s see if, after the ´´bad managment´´ of Swissair (according Old_Belgian_Student), they can do better on their own…. I´m affraid the answer will be Chapter 11 !

Oh yeah, here´s my 2 cents worth talking about famous Belgians : What about the comicbook hero Kuifje a.k.a. Tintin !! BTW, has anybody ever tried Hougaarden Beer ? It´s great, but thanks to the lack of smart Belgian marketing, it´s hard to get outside Belgium. Belgians could learn a few things from the Dutch when it comes to marketing beer or running an airline. Heineken is awfull beer (hurts me to say this as a Dutchman !) , but you have to admit, great marketing and sales, available worldwide ! KLM flies all over the world and is a stable company. Sure, it has it´s up´s and down´s (currently down, like many others) but the product is good. Can´t really say the same about Sabena…

BTW, how´s life in ElvisTown, Ignition Override ?

[ 12 August 2001: Message edited by: Bokkerijder ]