PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Karma - does it exist in Oz?
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2005, 05:31
MIss Behaviour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation Karma - does it exist in Oz?

Fellow ppruners et al. Just curious as to whether anyone (and I'm sure there are a few of you) has ever been given the rough end of the pineapple then come up trumps in the end.

When they say 'what goes around comes around' - is this true? Is there ever triumph over adversity?

Examples of what I'm talking about are:

1. You get a message on your answering machine from an airline to contact them re an interview and your flat'mate' (also jockeying for a position in the same company) 'forgets' to give you the message resulting in the company thinking you're no longer interested in the position.

2. You are flying for a company that Joe Blow wanted to work for but wasn't successful in his application and Joe's missus is bitter - if her husband can't have the job then nobody can. She then starts badmouthing you by saying you were drinking to the wee hours (within the 8 hour bottle to throttle rule) which was totally untrue however a person in the company who she's chummy with believes her story over yours.

3. Someone at a previous place of employment for whatever reason (usually something personal) did not like you and sh!t cans you when a reference check is done for a future position resulting in the dreaded 'best of luck in your future aviation career' letter.

I'm also curious as to the rights of an individual under the Freedom of Information Act. If you are unsuccessful in a position and you suspect foulplay do you legally have the right to ask what was said and by whom? If what was said was erroneous and the decision to or not to employ you was made as a result of incorrect allegations by an individual or company you need to know to prevent this happening for any future positions you might apply for.

I would love to hear some examples and if karma did indeed come back and bite these people on the rrrrrrrrs.

Cheers
MB