PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willie Walsh is the man to head BA
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2005, 16:25
Airbus Unplugged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When the strike IS held, BINGO - NAPS, the final salary pension scheme is closed
Which is when large numbers of BA pilots leave for greener pastures or simply quit while they're ahead.

Things are going to get profoundly unpleasant at BA. I believe the Attendence Management Programme is just the start. If you think the current lot in Flight Ops are playing hardball, Willie will surpass the lot. His henchmen will be drafted in to put the boot in and 'nasty' will be redefined in a way that would make the Prince of Darkness blush.

Many of us are already doing the sums. In all the years I've been with BA, I've never seen the prospects look so bleak. We are treated with UTTER CONTEMPT by our management and their example is being followed by the other departments.

We have a pilot's union that wrings its hands but does nothing, while the cabin crew unions cement and build on their 'Spanish Practices'.

I would never have believed it could come to this, there are no lights at the end of the tunnel - none at all.