PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAA Sunbird Services...
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2005, 10:07
tiger_maynard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laikim Liklik Susu, Close but not quite. The last ever TAA / Australian Airlines propeller flight was a Jetstream 31 ferry flown by John Cleary and Dick Kennedy from Townsville to Brisbane on May 31st, 1987. I operated the last ever TAA / Australian Airlines propeller PASSENGER flight on the same day from Charleville to Brisbane. John and Dick allegedly delayed their departure so as to be the last, so I guess it's a matter of definition, they did the last prop flight, I did the last passenger prop flight.

The passenger complement, including two MPs, thoroughly enjoyed the manner in which we bade farewell to Charleville, the details better left unsaid, but suffice it to say that it was in the same time honoured manner as in the "going finish" tradition in New Guinea.

I'd be happy to drop you a line Laikim Liklik Susu, but it would help a lot if I knew who you were! A PM seems like a good idea.

I too, would love to know where Peter Iredell and Eric Sundstrup (Jockstrap) are these days, thorough thorough gentlemen of the kind they don't make anymore.

I'm getting all choked up, cool it with the nostalgia.

Tiger (Ken) Maynard