PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you guys think.
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2005, 00:46
B767PL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you guys think.

Hi everyone. Im going to be starting my IFR training this summer.

For some reason though, im not looking to much forward too this.

To me, IFR = No visibility, being in contact/controlled by ATC all the time, ugly weather, and of course more $$$ spent on training.

Now I love being able to look outside while flying, I dont necassarily like to be in contact with ATC the whole time, I know you can do your IFR in simulated IMC but for some reason I always associate gloomy weather with it, I also associate lots of cross-country flights with it, and im really slow at planning and thats not my favorite part yet either since im not too proficient at it. So far I have been on/ done 5 cross-country flights, so I assume that with time it will get better.

I love to fly, and plan on continuing all my training and eventually hopefully becomming a CFI and starting my aviation career.

But me not looking forward to this whole IFR thing is making me doubt myself. I dont have my PPL yet, but should be getting it by mid-May.

How was your guys IFR training? Was it cloudy and gloomy? Did you enjoy all the cross - country trips? Did you look forward to it after getting your PPL? People I know are looking forward to it, but for some reason im not. I wanna change that. Maybe I have to actually do some IFR work to see what its really like. Thanks for all your help/advice/replies. Cheers!