PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B787 The Wrong Aircraft????
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2005, 20:07
ATSA2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all this talk of orders/options for these aircraft is missing the point a bit....Take a look at the balance sheets for the big players in the Airline business..... You will observe lots of big RED numbers! The truth is, most airlines are hanging on by their finger nails right now, and have been since way before 9/11. The only guys making any kind of operating profit are those slimming down on every expense, and that includes new aircraft! Whilst Toulouse and Seattle may shift a few big airframes out of the door over the next couple of years, we are not going to see significant sales of either for a few years yet, there is a lot of slimming down and bankruptcies to go! Boeing 747/767/777 will still be around for quite some time, as will A300/310/330/340.
Yes Boeing can point to some big sales in Japan, and Airbus can crow about the middle east ordering a couple of dozen A380s, but the main markets, ie USA and Europe wont be forming an orderly queue just yet!
Having said all, that, I would be more inclined to flog my Boeing shares than my EADS shares at the moment! the A320 family is still outselling the B737 retreads, unless Boeing come up with a 737 replacement soon, they will be up a certain creek without any paddles!