PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2005, 17:48
Oyindo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rani

I don’t think you will get much out of the recruitment department. They will be inundated with applications by now; it was difficult trying to get on the web site a couple of days ago.

There is an advert in the latest flight international 5-11 Apr 05. Just a mention on hour requirements for Capt’s and F/O’s but no indication of a/c type except training will be on a modern aircraft. Your guess will be as good as mine.

Pilots will be based in Lagos and will require a right of abode. ECOWAS pilots should qualify (ex Air Afrique etc). They are interested in expatrate Nigerians, I don’t know how many there are and if they will be interested in relocating especially if the conditions offered don’t make it worth there while.

The oyinbo’s will require work permits, which might be a slight problem, nothing a bit of dash won’t solve. The safety factor in Lagos will be a big consideration for them, but I am sure a few SF/O’s from VS will take the plunge if offered quick commands. I hear it’s being offered, lets hope what happens in one or two aviation companies down the Hill in GA, does not rear it's ugly head in VN.

With the full backing of OBJ, the ministry and a bit of dash in the right hands (beware the EFCC maybe watching), issuing an AOC should not be a problem thus every thing else should fall in to place (IATA codes etc) by summer when operations are expected to begin.

Happy Day’s ahead.

Last edited by Oyindo; 3rd May 2005 at 23:41.