PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal Conviction A Problem?
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2005, 16:26
Number Cruncher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Grecian has got it close
BULLSH*T

Interesting comments Meeb. Of all the 50 or so airline application forms I’ve browsed at in my time, about 2 of them ask whether you have any endorsements on your licence. Go look at BA's form.....

If it does so happen that you have to hand a copy of your driving licence to the admin people, by that time I’m sure you would have been accepted into a job, and if they have given you a job, I’m sure they are not going to take it back from you for some silly mistake you made years and years ago.......

Grecian, boy do I hope I never have to sit in a cockpit with you sometime in the future, or even come into contact with you full stop!

Some people think that pilots are Gods - they are not. They are normal, nothing special people who I’m sure have made mistakes in their past. I did an ATPL course and 10 of the blokes on that course were the biggest drinkers I have ever met - bloody top blokes as well! They had what is called a personality, something a lot of people/lurkers round here obviously do not have.

For what its worth, a friend of mine was called for selection for the Atlantique sponsorship scheme - at the time he had a DD convition that was 3 years old, so ask them how much it matters.

Maybe somebody in the know can clear this up for us, rather than us all having to listen to trash, off the ball comments from people who are obviously not in the know.

Last edited by Number Cruncher; 5th Apr 2005 at 16:45.