PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A call to Geoffrey Thomas/Aviation journalists
Old 5th Apr 2005, 01:35
nicholas_hosties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
three bars
quote "I don't seek or care about public sympathy for my "plight". I merely think it important that propspective airline pilots enter the industry fully informed about what they may be confronted with financially."

If a person planning to enter an industry and has not covered all aspects of the profession then he should not complain about the conditions or go and do somthing else.

Why is it we try to put ourselves up on the old pedestal with other considered high professions, ie doctors etc. We are all but humans, doing a job, nothing special, other people in the community do jobs as well. aviation is just one of them.

The reason for these Illusions I understand go back to WW1 where nco pilots were given Officer status along with all the mess trimmings in payment for their life expectancy being about 1-2 weeks
I think you will find that the godly arrogant respect that we were given and not earned will continue to diminish over time.

To quote the Castle " get yer hand off it "