PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A call to Geoffrey Thomas/Aviation journalists
Old 5th Apr 2005, 00:34
Three Bars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AnQrKa,

The lack of any information on your profile makes it difficult for me to determine what angle you are coming from.

Since you seem to have missed my point, I'll restate it.

How about a real article about the plight of wannabe pilots in this country and how much they have to look at paying to crack a job in the industry now? Recent articles have hinted at a looming skills shortage, but how about a look into why the shortage is looming?

I feel that pilot employment in the airline industry has entered a new phase in this country. My comment about public perception is that, in the lack of a complete and concise analysis of entry level airline pilot requirements, the wannabe airline pilot may make a substantial financial outlay in pursuit of a career that will NEVER realise his/her financial and career aspirations.

I don't seek or care about public sympathy for my "plight". I merely think it important that propspective airline pilots enter the industry fully informed about what they may be confronted with financially.

If you want to make a constructive comment, how about you lose the 'tude?