PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Death in Service Benefit
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2005, 16:51
Ginseng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biggus

Thanks for that. I must admit that I haven't yet got round to tackling this myself. The answer that you have been given certainly seems to be fair and consistent with the following relevant QRs:

3226: Contributions are made on an insured basis, and will not be refunded nor will any transfer value reflect such contributions.

3227: The enhancement will be the difference between all normal Armed Forces Pension Scheme lump sums and four times actual earnings at death.

3229: An option to buy the enhanced death in service lump sum once signed and accepted is final.

Note : There have been some very rare exceptions. These have occurred when terms and conditions of service have been changed by the Department in such a way as to reduce the headroom for the individual to use AVCs to purchase additional benefits; and where the change has been beyond the individual's control, and was not foreseeable at the time the AVC was taken out.

3227 was amended to its current form at AL9, Feb 04, which seems to cover the change for PAS. All Italics are mine.

Regards

Ginseng