PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guide dogs allowed in cabin
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2005, 13:28
Getoutofmygalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On easyJet flights, the visually impaired passengers tend to sit on row 1F which has a bulkhead in front of it (on the other side of the bulkhead is the forward galley and exit D1R).

As this is the front row albeit with the bulkhead, there is plenty of room for the dog to sit without it getting squashed.

I think the argument about dogs not being allowed in restaurant kitchens is a mute point, because in a restaurant you would not have a toilet by the kitchen with just one door seperating them (I do believe that H&S laws in the UK specify two doors seperating a food preparation area and a toilet) - yet most aircraft seem to have a toilet within the immediate vicinity of the galleys where food is prepared.

And a dog would no more hamper an evacuation than a visually impaired passenger. In fact, if anything, the dog (if scared) would probably leap out of the doors where you are evacuating from, so your problem with the dog would be immediately 'resolved'.

If you suffer with an allergy and don't want to sit next to a dog, then speak to a member of crew, I am sure that they would be sympathetic to you (and if you are seated in a leg room seat, I am sure there will be many takers who will be more than willing to swap with you) - or if you are travelling on a loco, then you can sit where you like because of the unallocated seating . And if you don't like dogs, well, perhaps the dog won't like you either but I doubt it would complain too much....