PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Huey saga set to land in court
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2005, 06:33
bladestrap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gunnzzzz, where you been bro?

I guess the Huey thread will always remain alive due to the controversy that surrounds the Cape Huey.

A Gauteng based operator imported a UH-1B with the help of the Cape Huey guys, and this helicopter was assembled by the Huey people in their hangar at Helibase the way I understand it. So from there the association, and that lot just continued on this thread.

The new import (UH-1B) is still parked at the Helibase awaiting an inspection by the CAA before it can be flown away. I understand that the owner is quite keen to get it up north, as he has informed a number of operators up there that his machine is going to take their contracts away. Watch out fire fighters, gold couriers etc. Man, this is going to be interesting.

The most important thing though, is to see how the SACAA will certify this machine. (C of A & restrictions) That in itself, will prove to be interesting as it may just open the door for other appropriately licenced, commercial operators, to do as they please, without the necessary certification. Watch this space. Its gonna get real interesting.