PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A call to Geoffrey Thomas/Aviation journalists
Old 4th Apr 2005, 03:24
Buster Hyman

Evertonian

Received 106 Likes on 60 Posts
why is it that you (or your colleagues) have not addressed this subject in a major article for the major newspapers.
Apart from an Aviation related publication, do you really think that such an article would sell more papers? The "shiny new plane" stories always get a run because they show off a "good image" of the airline in question. The average punter probably doesn't want to know that the two up front are in dispute with their company over pay & conditions. I think they'd be happy to be oblivious of such things.

I think the reason that you don't see graduate programs for pilots is basically supply & demand, as mentioned earlier. There just aren't that many positions to go around that would justify such a program. Don't get me wrong, there are aviation related disciplines that can provide a lead in to the industry (Kangan Batman TAFE near me for example), but I'd like to see how many students actually find a career within the industry.