PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sleep
Thread: Sleep
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2005, 07:55
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
It has for some time been my intention to write a very strongly worded post on the use of Valium. Despite it being accepted now that there is a danger of addiction, I believe that there is a far more sinister set of side effects in some people. The problem is, that I don't have specific data, so can not form an opinion on how many people are thus affected.

I would be grateful for any information from folk that have some knowledge on this subject.

Temazipam seems to have distinctly similar problems, though perhaps not as severe.

For now, I would say that I feel that these drugs should not be in any brain that is the nerve-center of an aircraft. And never, never rely on the half life times quoted in the PDRs

I was posting last year on my posterior vitreous detachment (PVD) problems. After weeks of pain I used Valium to unlock a spasm in my eyes. I took a minute proportion of the recommended dose, and the result was miraculous, but the kick-back was as severe as my first encounter 35 years ago.