PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parents as Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2005, 04:08
jesski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can i add a comment from the childs point of view???
My mum an my stepdad have been together since i was about 5, and my stepdad is an ex ansett (now virgin blue) pilot. I'd like to think i had a pretty normal upbringing! When we were younger my mum was working a 'normal' part time job but i remember for awhile we only had one car and she had to get us out of bed at all hours of the morning to drop off/pick up dad from work and we loved it hehehe.
flaps, even though ive never met your children ill agree that they probably have been brought up well and not at all disadvantaged from growing up children of a flyer! The only thing i remember hating (and i still do hate it!) is when dad was always away for special occasions, but hey it all worked out good, i cant remember the amount of times we had 'christmas' on a day other than dec 25th!
And the bonus side is ive grown up LOVING airports/planes, ive travelled all over the place thanks to staff travel and now i want a job as cabin crew! At the moment it may happen with QF but id LOVE to be able to fly with dad on virgin!!
now ive lost my point.... i think it was something along the lines of children of flyers are more advantaged than disadvantaged if anything!!!