PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - sim Training for CX in Oz ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2005, 00:22
Cronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey boby4,

JSB is spot on. Your money will be well spent either on a session for yourself or a shared session. A shared session though means you obviously rotate and sit in the Flight engineers seat to observe when your sim buddy is driving. I found this to be extremely beneficial and it also gives you a break to try to soak up the advice.

In refernece to the QF instructors way of doing things, the gentleman who most often run the sim have more experience in the lurching cave you you or I would ever care to! But there are still a few grey areas:

QF advocate taking the gear a little early if you are fast and approaching 'on slope' [you can have problems with Flap 30 load relief], CX stress in the pre-sim brief, NOT to alter the profile in any way. Intercepting G/S, I dot low, GEAR DOWN... no points lost that way.

On your CX sim notes, the "Airspeed Bug Setting - Landing" diagram has two bugs on Vref. These are correct indications. CX want you to 'Bracket' Vref with two bugs. I think QF have different ideas and assume it's an error in the printing of the diagram.

Something I was asked this time at CX was, what is going to be a good intercept heading for the 07 ILS, just after coming out from the last steep turn and heading 060 or so to the runway.

Hope this helps,
Cronus