PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B1900 training
Thread: B1900 training
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2005, 11:27
Jim Morehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHERE IS THE FLIGHTINFO? Is it in this PPRUNE forum and I have not seen it?

On TAB (not to defend them. I just drove through Deland/Daytona Beach area to check out a few friends), I know they refund your entire money if you stay with them and their airline for 4 years. It is better than some others and looks well run.

On paying for training, I personally agree with you,but it is hard to get started. Even looking for jobs in the world and the U.S., people want ratings, experience, and currency. A lot is who you know and a resume just sits on the bottom of some pile somewhere often.

There is a Aviation Fair in Miami in the middle of the month. I am told that there are plenty of jobs available and if you go to the fair, you'll likely get hired on the spot.

I think I can identify with a lot of low time people. When you pay for training for 300-500, you want somebody else to start paying, so you take your lumps in the low end of the aviation field. There appear to be plenty of jobs available in the US industry for about $20,000/year. It is right seat for an indefinite period of time.

Virtually every industry in America pays more than this. The person who answers the telephone at many businesses make more than this. Running a convenience store or working in a gas station can top this.

I think that is why people who want to fly go through these situations to work their way to the top. Once you get where somebody thinks it is the top, it is not near as impressive as you thought it was.