PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2005, 10:07
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Tuppence worth.

I think Walter is perfectly entitled to ask whatever question he wishes. Better that than some of the flippant comments that are posted elsewhere on some quite serious issues. He is especially entitled to be suspicious of “inappropriate or irrational responses” from the MoD, or others. He is correct that navigation error, for whatever reason, is a fairly obvious candidate for investigation. If a simple question which, if answered honestly, helps eliminate such a cause, then that can only be good. If it raises even more doubt as to the cause, or competence of the decision to blame the crew, then even better. Sometimes you go down rabbit holes, but that is the lot of an inquisitive mind.

Personally, the only conspiracy I see is one of MoD silence, procrastination and deceit. My experience of the MoD tells me this behaviour is the norm when they have something to hide or an embarrassing question to answer. They especially don’t like people who understand detail, because that is where the Devil lies. I imagine quite a few officials are quaking at the thought of a FOI query and I, for one, await with interest Walter’s post on the outcome of his request. Then he will either pursue the issue, or declare himself satisfied having eliminated something which has obviously been bothering him.