PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFT PPL Accreditation
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2005, 07:17
BEagle

Received 294 Likes on 114 Posts
Quite a few errors on this thread...

Firstly, you MUST read LASORS 2005! If you don't, and you ask the CAA, they will tell you to read it and then come back if you can't find the answer.

There is a recent change which I have managed to secure from the CAA which is not yet in LASORS; if you have your Wings after having completed FW training but haven't yet met the 'fully earned' C Cat/CR/B1 QFI stage, then you merely need to do the following:

1. Obtain a JAA Class 2 medical.
2. Pass PPL Air Law, Human Perf and Comms PPL exams.
3. If not current on military SEP aircraft as part of your service duties (Vigilants do NOT count), pass the PPL Skill Test with a UK/FE(PPL) like me but without the navigation section.

The EFT accreditation is very clearly laid out in LASORS 2005; the FHT credit is valid for 2 months from passing the EFT FHT.

My advice to Wings holders is not to bother faffing about with EFT accreditation but just to meet the 3 requirements as above.

If you meet 'Experienced QSP' accreditation requirements, you will addditionally be credited the Human Perf and Comms (PPL) exams.

You may also (if you hold a Green FW IR) be able to add an IMC rating to your PPL; a Night Qualification may also be added i.a.w. LASORS 2005.

You can download LASORS 2005 from:

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.asp...detail&id=1591

PS - Sorry to have been so late in replying; just back from a trip to Airbus Toolooze.

Last edited by BEagle; 2nd Apr 2005 at 15:21.